I'm so disappointed

I've been teaching for over 5 years now, and one of my all-time favorite classes to teach is 2D Illustration.  Illustrator and I have been lovers now for 15 years, and it's hard for me to understand GD students who just don't really care to boost their skills as an illustrator.  It's gotta be part of your skill set to be competitive.  I've seen students work for DAYS working on illustrations, when one wasn't even assigned.  I've created things just to keep my skills fresh.  Illustration is a HUGE part of graphic design.

So is spell check, by the way.

Most of you who have a difficult time with spelling know who you are, No one should have to point out the fact that you suck at knowing the difference between There, Their, and They're.  It's ok.  No one's perfect.  But your designs BETTER BE.  If you misspell a word in a paid job - you probably won't get paid, and you might even get fired!  I've seen it happen time and time again. 

Stupid mistakes.  I've done them.  I've typed the wrong phone number, misspelled a name, and didn't get paid for those jobs.  Not a penny.  No matter how much blood sweat and tears I put into it, I didn't see any reward.  Lesson learned.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment