You suck at Illustrator, 3D, etc.

I can see you are making an effort to learn, Grasshopper.

"But Gilpin, I want to be AWESOME. Teach me your ways."

You know you're thinking it. Right?  Keep telling yourself, Rome wasn't built in a day.  Again, these things take time, and you want instant results.  You won't get any sympathy from me if you're impatient.  I'm at the point in my skill level because I've been DOING IT for 14 years!

Your 1st plan of action: Play. Like you did when you were a kid.  Just tool around with the program.  Allow yourself to make mistakes.  Allow yourself to accept and love the rainbow wheel of death.  Save often.  Imitate what you see.  Google.  Look at cool things for inspiration.  If all else fails, go to ffffound.com.

2nd plan of action: Repeat.  Try doing the same thing over and over.  Practice one thing, and get good at it.  Then move on, after 50 tries, I bet you'll see a difference in your skills.

3rd plan of action: Follow directions.  This I saved for #3 because it's important, but not till you get the FEEL of the program.

0 comments:

Post a Comment